Hotel and Lodging Management: An Introduction, 2nd Edition
March 2005, ©2006
Chapter 1: Growth and Development of the Lodging Industry.
Chapter 2: Organizational Structure.
Chapter 3: The Front Office.
Chapter 4: Housekeeping.
Chapter 5: The Marketing and Sales Department.
Chapter 6: Human Resource Management.
Chapter 7: Hotel Food and Beverage.
Chapter 8: Loss Prevention and Security.
Chapter 9: The General Manager.
Chapter 10: Yield Management.
Chapter 11: Management Contracts and Franchise Agreements.
Chapter 12: Time-Share and Vacation Ownership.
Chapter 13: Resorts, Themed Lodging, and Special Lodging Environments.
James F. Wortman is a lecturer at the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at the University of Houston, where he teaches hotel management and is Director of the Office of Gaming Education and Research.
- New chapter organization – including separate human resources, marketing and sales, and food and beverage chapters .
- New case studies have been added to reflect recent trends and issues in the management of hotels.
- New chapter on yield management.
- New co-author, James Wortman of University of Houston.
- Covers the entire operation of the lodging facility, examining the interdependent relationship between departments.
- Key focus of the text is on rooms management, plus coverage of front office operations, allowing the text to be used in two separate courses.
- Unique chapters dedicated to resorts and time shares.
- Biographical Profile in each chapter of a prominent pioneer in the Hospitality Industry.