Management by Menu, 4th Edition
August 2007, ©2008
Thoroughly updated with the latest changes affecting the industry, this Fourth Edition has also been revised to give readers a more hands-on learning experience. Sample menus, mini-case studies, self-test review questions, and other new features lead to greater interactivity and engagement with the material. Coverage of new, helpful technologies is now integrated throughout the book.
1. A Look Back at the Foodservice Industry.
2. Profile of the Modern Foodservice Industry.
3. Planning a Menu.
4. Considerations and Limits in Menu Palling.
5. Cost Controls in Menu Planning.
6. Menu Pricing.
7. Menu Mechanics.
8. Menu Analysis.
9. The Beverage Menu.
10. Producing the Menu.
11. Service and the Menu.
12. The Menu and the Financial Plan.
13. Ethical Leadership in Restaurant Management.
Appendix A. Accuracy in Menus.
Appendix B. Number of Portions Available From Standard Containers.
Appendix C. Menu Evaluation.
Appendix D. Menu Factor Analysis.
Appendix E. A Brief History of Foodservice.
LENDAL H. KOTSCHEVAR, PhD, (1908-2007) was Professor Emeritus at Florida International University.
DIANE WITHROW is Program Coordinator of the Hotel Restaurant Management Program at Cape Fear Community College in North Carolina.
* Fully revised to coincide with changes in the foodservice industry.
* Contains updated chapters on uses of technology in menu development; accuracy in menus and using the menu as a marketing tool.
* New pedagogy added to reinforce active learning for students.