Discrete Mathematics: Mathematical Reasoning and Proof with Puzzles, Patterns, and Games
October 2005, ©2006
2. A Primer of Mathematical Writing.
3. Sets and Boolean Algebra.
4. Functions and Relations.
7. Graphs and Trees.
Appendix A: Rules of the Game.
Appendix B: Matrices and Their Operations.
Selected Answers and Hints.
References and Further Reading.
Winston Crawley is a full professor and chair of the math department at Shippensburg University. He has a Ph.D. from University of Tennessee-Knoxville. Crawley developed the undergraduate computer science curriculum at Shippensburg.
-Online applications help improve students’ mathematical reasoning with intriguing, interactive flash-based applications which illustrate key mathematical concepts and help develop students’ ability to reason mathematically, solve problems and work with proofs. Explore More Icons in the text direct the student to online activities at www.wiley.com/college/ensley.
- Every section contains a number of practice problems and at the conclusion of each chapter a section review outlines the major terms, concepts and skills covered in that chapter.
-Over 1,000 exercises ranging from routine reinforcement to conceptual challenges.
-Appendices on basic matrix operations as well as an appendix explaining the basic rules and terminology for many of the games used for examples in the book.
-Answers and hints are given in the back of the book and more detailed solutions to those exercises are found in a supplementary student solutions manual.
-Saurabh Bagchi, Purdue University
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.