Hospitality Information Systems and E-Commerce
March 2005, ©2006
PART I. GENERAL APPLICATIONS
Chapter 1. Understanding Hospitality Information Systems and Information Technology
Chapter 2. Computer Hardware for Hospitality
Chapter 3. Computer Software for Hospitality
Chapter 4. Computer Networks and Telecommunications for Hospitality
PART II. HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT AND THE INTERNET
Chapter 5. Electronic Commerce (E-Commerce)
Chapter 6. E-Information and Distribution Systems
Chapter 7. E-Business Strategies and Solutions
PART III. HOSPITALITY FUNCTIONAL APPLICATIONS
Chapter 8. Computer Reservations Systems (CRS) and Global Distribution Systems (GDS)
Chapter 9. Property Management Systems (PMS) and Point of Sale Systems (POS)
Chapter 10. Accounting Control and Production Systems
Chapter 11. Marketing and Human Resources Management Systems
Chapter 12. Safety, Security, and Physical Plant Systems
- Covers technology used in each segment of the hospitality industry (i.e. hotel, restaurant, tourism, cruise ships).
- Wide use of industry examples illustrates the influence of technology on management and customer service.
- Emphasis on E-Commerce and its impact on the hospitality industry; how it works and how managers can implement successful E-Commerce strategies.
- “On-the-Job” scenarios set the stage and conclude each chapter to provide readers with an application of the topics covered.
- “Tech Talk” features interviews with information technology professionals in the hospitality industry.
- Includes a complete glossary of technology terminology, as well as margin definitions for easy reference.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.