Guiding Learning With Technology, 1st Edition
August 2007, ©2008
Part I: Preparing Teachers to Guide Learning with Technology in the 21st Century.
1. Teaching in the 21st Century.
2. Technology Standards for Teachers.
3. Learning and Knowledge in the 21 Century.
4. Technology Standards for Students.
Part II: Connecting Technology With Learning.
5. Writing and Word Processing.
7. The Internet and Databases.
8. Multimedia and Media Literacy.
9. Hypermedia and Web Authoring.
10. Responding to Emerging Technologies.
Part III. Connecting Technology with Teaching.
11. Models and Strategies for Technology-Infused Lessons.
12. Designing, Implementing, and Reflecting on Instruction with Technology.
13. Assessing Learning with Technology.
Part IV. Standards, References and More.
- Classroom Snapshots: Vignettes that provide a look into the classroom where technology is enhancing learning.
- Focus on TPCK: TPCK describes the knowledgebase that teachers need when using technology in classroom.
- NETS-S Standards: Current standards for both students and teachers are interwoven throughout the text.
- Each chapter focuses on integrating technologies in subject matter as students learn with the technology.
- Includes instructional ideas for integrating learning about technologies in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Multimedia Literacy: Curriculum focused toward multiple media applications in identifying and developing literacy for the 21st century.
- In the Classroom Matrix: Summarizes all activities in the text, describing the content and grade level.
- Technology Links: Publisher website provides current links to key websites referred to in the text.
- End of Chapter Activities: Supported by sets of annotated resources to guide student activities beyond the chapter.
- Chapter Learning Objectives: Prepare students for reading and applying the ideas in each chapter.