Hospitality Financial Management
October 2006, ©2007
1 Finance and the Hospitality Industry.
2 Financial Reporting.
3 Analyzing Financial Statements.
Analysis of Financial Statements.
4 Managing Working Capital and Controlling Cash.
Managing Working Capital and Controlling Cash.
5 Growing the Business.
The Need for Growth.
6 Financing Growth.
The Need for Capital.
Hotel Financing Trends and Schemes.
7 The Time Value of Money.
Concept of Time Value of Money.
8 Investment Analysis.
9 Hospitality Industry Applications of Time Value of Money Concepts and Skills.
Time Value of Money Applications.
10 The Investment Package.
The Need for an Investment Package.
11 Crafting and Negotiating the Deal.
The New Business Venture.
Negotiating Loans with Lenders.
Negotiating the Equity Investment.
12 Tying It All Together.
Hospitality Industry Financial Challenges.
Analysis of Financial Statements and Management Reports.
Managing Working Capital.
Growing the Business.
The Investment Package.
Crafting and Negotiating the Deal.
Thomas Lattin is a CPA who has earned partner status with three international hospitality accounting/consulting firms and served as president of a national hotel management company as well as president of a publicly traded hotel real estate investment trust. He is currently the Sir Rocco Forte Executive in Residence at the Conrad N. Hilton College at the University of Houston and Managing Director of Lattin & Associates, a management consulting firm.
- Includes Feature Stories—brief histories of famous hospitality leaders highlighting how they have used financial management skills to attain success for their companies and significant financial rewards for themselves
- Provides Learning Outcomes— a summary of key topics covered in each chapter
- Features Finance in Action scenarios that guide the reader towards applying the concepts, skills, and techniques presented in the chapter to real-world situations. A step-by-step solution is provided for each problem to walk the reader through the necessary financial calculations.
- Includes boxed inserts which emphasize the relevance of the book by linking financial concepts to fun facts associated with situations students either have or will encounter in their everyday lives
- Features case studies that reinforce the materials presented and enable students to practice their analytic and problem solving skills