Global Meetings and Exhibitions
October 2006, ©2007
How to plan and execute memorable meetings and exhibitions
Helpful strategies and tools for success in the international market!
Global Meetings and Exhibitions is the result of two decades worth of planning, managing, and executing multinational, multicultural events across the globe. Carol Krugman, CMP, CMM, and Rudy R. Wright, CMP, have culled their world-class advice into a single, complete resource for the next generation of meeting professionals. This comprehensive guide illuminates the procedures and nuances of planning and executing multinational and multicultural events. It offers everything you need to know, including the skills in multinational operations capabilities and cross-cultural awareness that are critical in today's marketplace.
Complete with sample forms and checklists, this hands-on resource walks you through everything you need to know about:
- Venue selection
- Risk management contingency planning
- Cross-cultural operations
The Wiley Event Management SeriesSeries Editor, Dr. Joe Goldblatt, CSEP
The Wiley Event Management Series provides professionals with the essential knowledge and cutting-edge tools they need to excel in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing sectors of the hospitality and tourism industry. Written by recognized experts in the field, the volumes in the series cover the research, design, planning, coordination, and evaluation methods as well as specialized areas of event management.
Chapter 1. Fundamentals of Meetings, Conventions and Exhibitions.
Chapter 2. Deciding Factors.
Chapter 3. Destination Assessment.
Chapter 4. Organizing and Hosting International Events.
Chapter 5. Managing Currency and Finances.
Chapter 6. Program Planning and Development.
Chapter 7. Cultural Consideration.
Chapter 8. Marketing the Event.
Chapter 9. International Contracts and Legalities.
Chapter 10. Implementing the Meeting Plan.
Chapter 11. Global Exhibitions.
Chapter 12. On-Site Operations.
Chapter 13. Preparing for Travel Abroad.
Chapter 14. Safety and Security.
Chapter 15. Event Technology.
Appendix 1: Major Meeting Industry Associations and Organizations.
Appendix 2: Meeting Software and Services.
Appendix 3 Checklist.
Appendix 4: Criteria for Venue Selection.
Appendix 5: Sample Quiz.
Appendix 6: Program Guidelines for Global Meetings.
Appendix 7: Guidelines for Hosting International Visitors.
Appendix 8:Glossary of International Financial Terms..
Appendix 9: Sample Schedules.
Appendix 10: Budget Worksheet.
Appendix 11: Forms.
Appendix 12: Case Studies.
RUDY R. WRIGHT, CMP, is a professional event organizer, filmmaker, and author. He is a founding member and past president of Meeting Professionals International. He is the author of The Meeting Spectrum: An Advanced Guide for Meeting Professionals, and has served in editorial capacities for Successful Meetings and Incentive Travel International, Meeting News, The Meeting Professional, and Proceedings of the International Summit on Professional/Association Education.
- Comprehensive guide to full scope of meeting planning; including planning, budgeting, logistics, venue selection, and sponsorship.
- Only book in the market to approach meeting planning from an international perspective.
- Sample forms and contracts included throuhout the chapters and appendices.
- Part of the Wiley Events Seris
- Instructor's Manual
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.