Process Improvement and Quality Management in the Retail Industry
August 2005, ©2006
Chapter 1: Total Quality—An Overview.
Chapter 2: Leadership.
Chapter 3: Customer Focus.
Chapter 4: Effective Management.
Chapter 5: Training.
Chapter 6: Employee Loyalty.
Chapter 7: Customer Contacts.
Chapter 8: Design of Products and Services.
Chapter 9: Managing Processes and Suppliers.
Chapter 10: Corporate Responsibility and Citizenship.
Chapter 11: Data Collection and Benchmarking.
Chapter 12: System Assessments.
- Summary with discussion questions follow each chapter.
- Provides a brief history of the search for quality.
- Discussion of customer relationships-outlining eight companies’ experiences in researching their customers, compiling and using data to create products and services that satisfy expectations and managing day to day customer contact.
- Coverage of the importance of satisfied workers.
- Discussion of effective management of work teams.
- Coverage of managing and cultivating effective relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Overview of companies that take the lead in publicly important areas—from environmental concerns and social activism, to educational and artistic philanthropy, and volunteer programs for employees.
- Data collection and a variety of quality-related measurements are explained.