Visualizing Earth History, 1st Edition
October 2008, ©2009
1 Introduction to Earth’s System History 2
2 Earth Materials and Features 26
3 Geologic Time 60
4 Life on Earth and its Fossil Record 86
5 Biological Evolution 124
6 Interpreting Sedimentary Environments and Global Change 150
7 Plate Tectonics in Earth History 194
8 Archean World 226
9 Proterozoic World 252
10 Paleozoic World 278
11 Mesozoic World 328
12 Cenozoic World 368
Appendix A 412
Appendix B 413
Appendix C 415
Table of Line Art Credits 431
Photo Credits 433
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.