January 2007, ©2007
Chapter 2: Calculus of Functions of Several Variables.
Chapter 3: Vector-Valued Functions of One Variable.
Chapter 4: Scalar and Vector Fields.
Chapter 5: Integration Along Paths.
Chapter 6: Double and Triple Integrals.
Chapter 7: Integrations Over Surfaces, Properties, and Applications of Integrals.
Chapter 8: Classical Integration Theorems of Vector Calculus.
Appendix A: Various Results Used in This Book and Proofs of Differentiation Theorems.
Appendix B: Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises.
- Comprehensive review of relevant topics in linear algebra and calculus of real-valued functions of one and several variables.
- Geometric, numeric, analytic and applied approaches to presentation of mathematics promote better understanding of the material and help build intuition and experience.
- Detailed, step-by-step solutions to all examples; end of each section contains a large number of exercises, ranging from basic and routine to challenging and thought-provoking.
- Review section at the end of each chapter includes a number of review questions, a true/false quiz and additional problems.
- Several sections entirely devoted to applications; World of Curves and World of Surfaces sections study features of interesting curves and surfaces and introduce several new applications.
- Classical integration theorems of Green, Gauss and Stokes
covered in depth, illustrated with numerous examples and
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.