Chemical Reactions and Chemical Reactors, 1st Edition
March 2008, ©2009
2. Reaction Rates-Some Generalizations.
3. Ideal Reactors.
4. Sizing and Analysis of Ideal Reactors.
5. Reaction Rate Fundamentals (Chemical Kinetics).
6. Analysis of Experimental Kinetic Data.
7. Multiple Reactions.
8. Use of the Energy Balance in reactor Sizing and Analysis.
9. Heterogeneous Catalysis Revisited.
10. "Nonideal" Reactors.
- Focused on the undergraduate audience, with the goal of helping the student to master the course material.
- Complete coverage of the fundamentals
- Early introduction of heterogeneous catalysis gives students the knowledge they need to solve real chemistry and industrial problems
- Graphical techniques help students’ visualization
- Approachable writing style with conversational tone
- Emphasis on problem-solving
- Material on the analysis of kinetic data prepares students for the research required in grad school.
- Real chemistry and industrial examples are used in many of the examples and problems, and a brief discussion of the practical significance of each reaction as it is introduced teaches students about industrial chemistry.
- In-depth coverage of chemical kinetics presented in an integrated fashion emphasizes the fundamental tools of kinetic analysis, and allows the student to apply these tools to problems in many areas of chemistry and biochemistry.
- Emphasis on numerical techniques prepares students for graduate work in reactor design and analysis, which is heavily mathematical in nature.
- Independent of specific software package: instructor and student will not have to commit time to mastering a new software program.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.