The Art and Craft of Problem Solving, 2nd Edition
August 2006, ©2007
The target audience is college math majors, but the book is certainly accessible to advanced high school students and to people reading on their own, especially teachers (at any level).
Chapter 2. Strategies for Investigating Problems.
Chapter 3. Tactics for Solving Problems.
Chapter 4. Three Important Crossover Tactics.
Chapter 5. Algebra.
Chapter 6. Combinatorics.
Chapter 7. Number Theory.
Chapter 8. Geometry for Americans.
Chapter 9. Calculus.
References and Further Reading.
- Paperback! (lower price)
- New chapter on geometry
- Revised and expanded calculus chapter with many new problems
- New examples & exercises
- More problems, especially "easy" ones in several chapters
- Focuses on problem solving rather than doing exercises using a good collection of interesting, non-routine problems.
- A multilevel text that is engaging for beginners and math faculty alike.
- Energetic, precise, and lively writing style that presents mathematical solutions in a clear, straightforward way to expose students to ways of thinking that can lead to results.
- Structured to first discuss overall strategies and then specifics to allow both the instructor and student to see how to develop a mode of attack and how to apply specific techniques to problems.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.