Personality: Theory and Research, 11th Edition
September 2009, ©2010
CHAPTER 2: THE SCIENTIFIC STUDY OF PEOPLE.
CHAPTER 3: A PSYCHODYNAMIC THEORY: FREUD’S PSYCHOANALYTIC THEORY OF PERSONALITY.
CHAPTER 4: FREUD’S PSYCHOANALYTIC THEORY: APPLICATIONS, RELATED THEORETICAL CONCEPTIONS, AND CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH.
CHAPTER 5: A PHENOMENOLOGICAL THEORY: CARL ROGERS’S PERSON-CENTERED THEORY.
CHAPTER 6: ROGERS’S PHENOMENOLOGICAL THEORY: APPLICATIONS, RELATED THEORETICAL CONCEPTIONS, AND CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH.
CHAPTER 7: TRAIT THEORIES OF PERSONALITY: ALLPORT, EYSENCK, AND CATTELL.
CHAPTER 8: TRAIT THEORY: THE FIVE-FACTOR MODEL; APPLICATIONS AND EVALUATION OF TRAIT APPROACHES TO PERSONALITY.
CHAPTER 9: BIOLOGICAL FOUNDATIONS OF PERSONALITY.
CHAPTER 10: BEHAVIORISM AND THE LEARNING APPROACHES TO PERSONALITY.
CHAPTER 11: A COGNITIVE THEORY: GEORGE A. KELLY’S PERSONAL CONSTRUCT THEORY OF PERSONALITY.
CHAPTER 12: SOCIAL COGNITIVE THEORY: BANDURA AND MISCHEL.
CHAPTER 13: SOCIAL COGNITIVE THEORY: APPLICATIONS, RELATED THEORETICAL CONCEPTIONS, AND CONTEMPORARY RESEARCH.
CHAPTER 14: PERSONALITY IN CONTEXT: INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS, CULTURE, AND DEVELOPMENT ACROSS THE COURSE OF LIFE.
CHAPTER 15: ASSESSING PERSONALITY THEORY AND RESEARCH.
- Further enhanced the coverage of contemporary researching findings in the field of personality psychology.
- A streamlined presentation of text, providing more balanced coverage of competing theories and a sharpened focus overall.
- Integrates theory and research to demonstrate to the student how the two impact one another.
- Integrates case material with theory to bridge the gap between the general and specific. Enables students interested in clinical psych to see links between personality psych and clinical practice.
- Provides a basis for comparison of theories allowing students to make their own judgments concerning the merits of each.
- Presents complex scientific theories in an accessible manner.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.