¡Con brío! Beginning Spanish, 2nd Edition
December 2009, ©2010
¡Con brío!, 2nd Edition helps students become culturally proficient, so they can be at ease when interacting with Hispanics. The program highlights useful and high-interest cultural information teaching students about the ever-increasing presence of Latino culture in the United States and the strong connection between the U.S. and Hispanic countries.
With ¡Con brío!, 2nd Edition, students will be able to make the most of their learning experience??whatever their background or personal goals. They'll gain the confidence and skills they need to communicate with Spanish speakers in their immediate worlds, future jobs, and everyday lives. They'll become culturally proficient, and be able to put their new-found skills to immediate use at home, at work, or in the community. And ultimately, they'll discover what makes learning Spanish so exciting and important.
¡Con brío!, 2nd Edition is available with WileyPLUS, an online teaching and learning environment that integrates the entire digital textbook with the most effective instructor and student resources to fit every learning style.
- Students achieve concept mastery in a rich, structured environment that is available 24/7
- Instructors personalize and manage their course more effectively with assessment, assignments, grade tracking, and more.
WileyPLUS can complement your current textbook or replace the printed text altogether.
Learn more at www.wileyplus.com.
¡Con brío! 2nd Edition Annotated Instructor
Edition, by Maria C. Lucas Murillo, Laila M. Dawson
La universidad y el trabajo
La familia y los amigos
El tiempo libre
La salud y las emergencias
En el trabajo
• Careful attention to sequencing of activities, from input to output (comprehension to production), thus refining the ¡Con brío! methodology
• A pronunciation-review section, La pronunciación, now accompanies each chapter-opener scene
• Examples added to most grammar-presentation charts
• Special recycling annotations alongside activity titles highlight the material being recycled
• A lightly restructured Chapter 12, now includes the imperfect subjunctive
• An Exprésate in Apéndice 3, that provides end-of-chapter comprehensive speaking and writing activities, the latter accompanied by writing strategies and process-writing steps
• A more detailed Chapter Opener showing new features
• A Grammar Handbook will be available in WileyPLUS or sold Print-on Demand, with example sentences and controlled practice for all grammar presented in the text, and additional grammar in Expansión sections, also with accompanying practice
• An expanded testing program with more challenging exams
- Follows current ACTFL standards: ¡Con brío! embeds ACTFL’s "Four Skills" (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing) throughout the text, and identifies these skills with special icons. ACTFL also identifies "Five C’s": Communication, Culture, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities. These Five C's are an important aspect of ¡Con brío!'s pedagogical approach.
- Grounds learning in everyday themes and scenes: Every chapter is organized around a theme that reflects either everyday life, work, or community situations. Thus, the majority of the vocabulary, the activities, the cartoons, the culture, and the reading selections are tightly woven around each chapter’s theme.
- Equips students with vocabulary they will really use: More than 85% of the vocabulary is presented through the escenas. The remainder appears in easily identifiable charts which accompany activities that require use of those particular words or expressions. Special effort has been made to select words that are standard to all Hispanic countries, with lexical variations presented in annotations to the instructor for presentation to the class as needed.
- Presents grammar in a meaningful way: In ¡Con brío!, grammar helps students navigate through everyday experiences in their new language. Concise and clear charts, with relevant examples in both languages, allow students to easily grasp grammatical concepts and structures.
- Builds skills through a variety of engaging activities: Each ¡En acción! section begins with one or two practice activities which are designed to "ground" the student and build self-confidence, followed by carefully sequenced semi-controlled activities, and concluding with more open-ended, guided communication.Students thus move from comprehension to production and from simpler, contextualized activities to more involved, real-life applications.
- Gets students thinking about culture: ¡Con brío! presents culture in a way that evolves from and enhances the chapter’s themes.
- Reinforces learning through synthesis and review: Each chapter contains a chapter-wrap-up section that offers students the opportunity to converse and write about theme-based topics using the vocabulary and structures learned in the chapter. A scene-by-scene listing of all of the active and passive vocabulary introduced in the chapter is presented to facilitate review. A self-testing feature appearing at the end of each chapter reviews the vocabulary and structures presented in the chapter. The Answer Key that appears in the Apéndice 2 in the book gives students instant feedback.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.