The Marketing Plan, 5th Edition
December 2005, ©2006
This text is not just a how-to book; it also explains the importance of a well-formulated marketing plan and encourages student participation through activities. Moreover, it contains seven actual student marketing plans which can be used as models.
This text can be used as a supplement to another text, or as a stand-alone in a Principles of Marketing, Marketing Management, Strategic Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or Internet Marketing course.
Chapter 2. Scanning Your Environment.
Chapter 3. Establishing Goals and Objectives.
Chapter 4. Developing Marketing Strategy.
Chapter 5. Developing Marketing Tactics.
Chapter 6. Forecasting for Your Marketing Plan.
Chapter 7. Calculating Important Financial Ratios for Your Marketing Plan.
Chapter 8. Presenting the Marketing Plan.
Chapter 9. Implementation.
Appendix A: Sample Marketing Plans.
Appendix B: Sources of Secondary Research.
Appendix C: Examples of Simple Marketing Research and a Marketing Research Checklist.
Appendix D: How to Lead a Tam.
Appendix E: The Concept and Application of Marketing Strategy.Appendix.
Appendix F: Useful Worksheets for Market Planning.
Appendix G: Useful Web Site that can Help You Develop a Marketing Plan.
Professor Cohen has a B.S. from the
- 3 New marketing plans added.
- 20 new work sheets all also available online at www.wiley.com/college/cohen
to help students with information that may be needed for marketing
plan such as:
- Developing profiles of target markets
- Establishing an advertising and publicity budget
- Quick go/no-go new product checklist
- New Appendix: Useful Internet Sites for Marketing Planning
- Step-by-step approach for producing a professional marketing plan.
- Time-saving forms for a variety of marketing planning tasks, such as defining the target market and making decisions about products using a portfolio approach.
- Actual student plans prepared in the classroom.
- Proven classroom-tested method for teaching basic marketing ideas, incorporating accounting, finance, and management principles, and translating those ideas and principles into a finished plan.
David Nemi, Niagara County Community College
"I found the book to be comprehensive and interesting. It promotes active learning and application of concepts."
Raj Devasagyam, Siena College
"Great book. It is very comprehensive and at the same time well structured. I have adapted this text book and I can only recommend. The students get a clear idea about how to tackle a strategic marketing plan."
Ozcan Kilic, University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.