Web Programming: Building Internet Applications, 3rd Edition
May 2006, ©2006
Part I. HTML.
2. Hypertext Markup Language.
3. More HTML.
Part II. Stylesheets.
4. Cascading Stylesheets.
5. Cascading Style Sheets Two.
Part IV. Perl.
9. Programming in Perl 5.
10. CGI Scripting.
11. Building Web Applications With Perl.
Part V. PHP.
12. An Introduction to PHP.
13. Building Web Applications With PHP.
Part VI. Miscellany.
14. XML: Defining Data for Web Applications.
15. Good Design.
17. Case Study.
Part VII. Appendices.
Appendix A: Accessing a Database From PHP Using mysqli .
Appendix B: Accessing a Database From PHP Using Pear DB.
Appendix C: HTML Color Codes.
Appendix D: HTML Entities.
More exercises at the close of each chapter and solutions on the website
A more design-oriented view of CSS and styling, including examples
Increased coverage of PHP
New chapter on database design and configuration
Coverage of RSS feeds and web services
Two new case studies added
- The speed to revision is one of this books' strongest features ensuring the book is bang up-to-date and keeps pace with the ever changing web landscape
- Practical and hands-on guidance is always backed up by strong examples
- Paced for students with some, but not extensive, programming experience
- Examples are plentiful, practical and well illustrated
- Accompanying website provides more examples and links to useful online resources
'A clear and methodical approach to web programming.' Marilyn Watson-Peck, University of Sunderland