The Effective Organization: The Nuts and Bolts of Business Value
May 2005, ©2005
The authors begin by examining the inherent links between business value, business models, and corporate strategy. They show how IT has progressively influenced our perceptions of value by impacting the practice of management, and propose the Value Matrix ™ as a guide to determining how to best deploy talent, organization, and technology to produce value in a company and a market.
Building on these foundations, they then turn their attention to how current management practice often neglects the goal of business value. As the prescriptions for optimising organizations and technology have reached their limits, they argue, a radically different approach based on effectiveness and business value offers a promising alternative.
Chapter 1: In Search of Business Value.
Chapter 2: The House of Mirrors.
Chapter 3: Is What You Measure What You Get?
Chapter 4: It Takes Two (or More) to Tango.
Chapter 5: Going Around in Circles.
Chapter 6: The Joined-up Economy.
Chapter 7: Soldiers of the Shadows.
The Effective Organization.
Allan Matcham is Director, Europe, Middle East and Africa for the Oracle Corporation. Working with some of the world's pre-eminent business schools, he is responsible for delivering advanced thought leadership programmes designed to identify how technology delivers new forms of business value.
With extensive experience of the IT, leisure and financial service industries, Alan has held a variety of senior marketing, general management and consulting positions within blue chip companies in both Europe and the Far East. He joined Oracle in 1997 as Head of the Organisational Change Management practice for Europe, Middle East and Africa, responsible for ensuring the successful adoption of technology-based solutions.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.