Software Engineering: Principles and Practice, 3rd Edition
June 2008, ©2008
Highlights of the third edition include:
Fully updated chapters on requirements engineering and software architecture.
New chapters on component-based software engineering, service orientation and global software development.
Extensive coverage of the human and social aspects of software development.
Balanced coverage of both traditional, heavyweight development and agile, lightweight development approaches such as Extreme Programming (XP).
Written to support both introductory and advanced software engineering courses, this book is invaluable for everyone in software development and maintenance who wants an accessible account of the problems incurred in large-scale software development and the proposed solutions.
A companion website with additional resources for students and instructors can be found at www.wileyeurope.com/college/van vliet
Hans van Vliet has been Professor of Software Engineering at the VU University in Amsterdam, the Netherlands since 1987.
Part I: Software Management.
2. Introduction to Software Engineering Management.
3. The Software Life Cycle Revisited.
4. Configuration Management.
5. People Management and Team Organization.
6. On Managing Software Quality.
7. Cost Estimation.
8. Project Planning and Control.
Part II: The Software Life Cycle.
9. Requirements Engineering.
11. Software Architecture.
12. Software Design.
13. Software Testing.
14. Software Maintenance.
15. Software Tools.
Part III: Advanced Topics.
16. User Interface Design.
17. Software Reusability.
18. Component-Based Software Engineering.
19. Service Orientation.
20. Global Software Development.
- This classic textbook is fully revised and updated to include the latest advances in software engineering, including agile methods, open source and UML2.
- Stronger management and human factors focus than any other competing textbooks
- Excellent examples are backed up by support for project work
- First and second editions combined have sold over 16,000 copies to date
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.