Marketing for Engineers, Scientists and Technologists
May 2008, ©2008
‘Marketing for Engineers, Scientists and Technologists’ presents the range of marketing sectors including consumer products, services, international and business to business. Current issues in the marketing environment such as green and social marketing are discussed. Full coverage is given to the implementation powerhouse of marketing and the service extended marketing mix. Management skills are needed to implement marketing plans, such as leadership, negotiation and consultancy and these topics are covered in section three. Section four brings all the elements together into three key areas, new product development, market driven quality and marketing plans.
Part 1 Introduction to the context of marketing
Chapter 1 What is marketing and why do it?
Chapter 2 The marketing system
Chapter 3 Contemporary issues and contexts in marketing
Part 2 The tools of marketing
Chapter 4 The integrated marketing mix: Product
Chapter 5 The integrated marketing mix: Price
Chapter 6 The integrated marketing mix: Place
Chapter 7 The integrated marketing mix: Promotion
Chapter 8 The integrated marketing mix: Service extension: people, physical evidence and process
Part 3 Skills for implementation
Chapter 9 The collection and management of marketing information
Chapter 10 Finance for marketing
Chapter 11 Managing people
Chapter 12 Project management
Chapter 13 Consultancy skills
Part 4 Bringing it all together
Chapter 14 New product development
Chapter 15 Management of market driven quality
Chapter 16 The marketing plan
- Follows the pedagogical structure of the author's CIM book
- Written in an easy to read style with clear learning outcomes and objectives
- Features extensive use of diagrams and figures
Incorporates international and ‘e’ marketing throughout the book
- Discusses current issues in the marketing environment such as green and social marketing
- Includes extensive case material
- Includes a wide range of web resources
Dr Naren Gupta, Senior Lecturer and Teaching Fellow, Director of Quality, School of Engineering and the Built Environment, Napier University
In working with a range of professionals across many industry sectors one often finds it is the technologists and scientists that gain the most out of acquiring skills and knowledge in marketing. Not only does their structured and analytical approach lend itself to strategic marketing but those skills, combined with a clear customer focus and an innovative approach to the market, can give them the portfolio of skills required for successful leadership.
Deirdre Makepeace, Senior Examiner, CIM
“This text gives individuals in very technical professions
a sound understanding of the marketing context of their activities.
This is very important for Aroma Trades professionals who must
venture out of their scientific workplace and interact in a
Michael G. Boudjouk, Chair of the Education Committee of IFEAT.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.