Introduction to the Study of Dinosaurs, 2nd Edition
February 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
- Balances scientific rigour with real world examples.
- This new edition includes updates on recent finds and an increased coverage of evolution and physiology.
- Also features end of chapter discussion questions, easy reference glossary, new references at the end of each chapter, and high-quality, full color figures and photographs throughout.
1. Why Study Dinosaurs?.
2. Overview of Scientific Methods.
3. History of Dinosaur Studies.
4. Paleontology and Geology as Sciences.
5. Dinosaur Anatomy and Classification.
6. Dinosaur Evolution.
7. Dinosaur Taphonomy.
8. Dinosaur Physiology.
14. Dinosaur Ichnology.
15. Birds as Dinosaurs.
16. Dinosaur Extinctions.
- Highly accessible introduction to dinosaurs places scientific method at the crux of the studies
- Intended for both majors and non majors; balances scientific rigor with real world examples
- New edition includes updates on recent finds and an increased coverage of evolution and physiology
- Features end of chapter discussion questions, easy reference glossary, new references at the end of each chapter, and high-quality, full color figures and photographs throughout
–Raymond Freeman-Lynde, University of Georgia
“Introduction to the Study of Dinosaurs is packed
with information and covers the essential topics thoroughly.
Martin’s style makes the reading fun and easy, so that the
information is easy to assimilate. In addition, the website is an
excellent resource, providing a wealth of information and links for
–Gus Winterfeld, Idaho State University
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.