Introduction to Information Systems, Canadian Edition
March 2008, ©2008
Introduction to Information Systems, Canadian Edition helps make Information Technology come alive in the classroom. This text takes students where IT lives?in today?s businesses and in our daily lives while helping students understand how valuable information technology is to their future careers.
Introduction to Information Systems, Canadian Edition provides concise and accessible coverage of core IT topics while connecting these topics to Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Management, Human Resources, and Operations, so students can discover how critical IT is to each functional area and every business.
Chapter 2: Information Systems: Concepts and Management
Chapter 3: Ethics, Privacy, and Information Security
Chapter 4: Data, Information, and Knowledge Management
Chapter 5: Network Applications
Chapter 6: E-Business and E-Commerce.
Chapter 7: Wireless, Mobile Computing, and Mobile Commerce
Chapter 8: Organizational Information Systems
Chapter 9: Managerial Support Systems
Chapter 10: Acquiring Information Systems and Applications
Technology Guide 1: Computer Hardware
Technology Guide 2: Computer Software
Technology Guide 3: Protecting Your Information Assets
Technology Guide 4: Telecommunications, Networks, and the Internet and the World Wide Web
- A Media Resource Library (available on the instructor’s site and in WileyPLUS) provides links to videos, animations, cases, and other web resources to help engage students in IT. Each Media Resource includes lecture lead-ins, class discussion questions, and assessment questions.
- What’s in IT for Me? - show how IT topics relate to students in each major––Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, MIS, and Human Resource Management.
- IT’s About Business – extensive use of vivid examples from large corporations, small businesses, government and non-for-profit organizations to show the connection between IT and business.
- Active Learning - featuring hands-on exercises, activities, mini-cases with exercises that incorporate software application tools, and an online Virtual Company continuing case (Club IT).
- Successes and Failures – present examples of IT successes and IT failures with lessons learned.
- Global Focus – provides a broad selection of international cases and examples showing how IT facilitates export and import, the management of multinational companies, and electronic trading around the globe.
- Technology Guides – offer additional material on current hot topics in the IT market.
- Focus on Ethics – In addition to a chapter dedicated to ethics, privacy and security (Chapter 3), ethical cases and examples are integrated throughout the text.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.