Technical Mathematics with Calculus, Canadian Edition
June 2008, ©2008
The first Canadian Edition of this well respected text has been carefully developed to build-upon the success of the Fourth Edition whilst introducing critical updates for Canadian instructors and students as suggested by reviewers and colleagues. It is an SI unit text incorporating a small amount of Imperial units where appropriate.
Canadian real-world applications feature throughout the text and illustrate the relevance and usefulness of technical mathematics outside of the classroom. For example, new applications include: the functionality and safety of the Confederation Bridge; the CN Tower as a Microwave Transmitter; dump trucks used in the Northern Alberta Oil Sands; designing and building half-pipes for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games; and many more.
Numerous fully worked examples give students the essential practice they need to learn mathematics as applied to their chosen technical field. Computer projects are given when appropriate, including BASIC, spreadsheets, computer algebra systems, and computer-assisted drafting.
Everything the technical student needs is included, with the emphasis always on clarity and practical applications, Technical Mathematics with Calculus, Canadian Edition provides a solid foundation for a career in any technical field.
1. Numerical Computation
2. Introduction to Algebra
3. Simple Equations and Word Problems
7. Right Triangles and Vectors
8. Factoring and Fractional Equations
9. Fractions and Fractional Equations
10. Systems of Linear Equations
13. Exponents and Radicals
14. Quadratic Equations
15. Oblique Triangles and Vectors
16. Radian Measure and Arc Length, and Rotation
17. Graphs of the Trigonometric Functions
18. Trigonometric Identities and Equations
19. Ratio, Proportion, and Variation
20. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
21. Complex Numbers
22. Analytic Geometry
23. Binary, Hexadecimal, Octal, and BCD Numbers
24. Inequalities and Linear Programming
25. Sequences, Series, and the Binomial Theorem
26. Introduction to Statistics and Probability
27. Derivatives of Algebraic Functions
28. Graphical Applications of the Derivative
29. More Applications of the Derivative
31. Applications of the Integral
32. More Applications of the Integral
33. Derivatives of Trigonometric, Logarithmic, and Exponential Functions
34. Methods of Integration
35. Differential Equations.
36. Solving Differential Equations by the Laplace Transform and by Numerical Methods
37. Infinite Series
- Canadian real-world applications have been added throughout the text to illustrate the relevance and usefulness of technical mathematics outside of the classroom.
- Clear explanations where information is presented in small segments and includes many illustrations.
- SI unit text with Imperial units included where appropriate.
- An Annotated Instructor's Edition that contains answers to every exercise and problem and provides teaching tips, applications, and practice problems.
- Instructor and Student Resources including a computerized test bank, instructor and student solutions manuals, and WileyPLUS.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.