Critical Thinking For Psychology
May 2012, ©2011
1. Getting Started on Critical Thinking 1
2. Logic and the Philosophy of Critical Thinking 5
3. Critical Thinking in the Wider World 19
4. Critical Thinking Inside Psychology 45
5. Putting Critical Thinking to Use: Getting Good Grades 87
6. Getting Fit for Critical Thinking 109
Concluding Remarks 119
Exercises in Critical Thinking 121
Checklist for Critical Thinking 123
Further Reading 133
- An accessible and engaging style that introduces new concepts to students at all levels of study
- Essential tips on essay writing including how to construct an argument and how to incorporate the language of criticism
- Real-world examples from students’ writings illustrating common mistakes and the ways we can avoid them
- Advice on what lecturers expect from their students, and how to interpret the feedback they give
—Nikki Newhouse, Editor of PsychTalk Magazine
‘An essential component of all psychology degrees is
described, explained and developed in a cogent and practical
manner: An excellent text for all undergraduate
—Professor Dominic Upton, University of Worcester
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.