Evolutionary Psychology: A Critical Introduction
February 2011, ©2010
This volume is an introduction to evolutionary approaches to psychology, bringing together seminal work in the field and exploring the ways in which evolutionary psychological research can illuminate our understanding of human behaviours and nature. Together, the chapters in this volume present a fresh perspective on evolutionary approaches to psychology, critically evaluating the extant literature while maintaining the need for evolutionary psychologies.
Chapter 2: The Evolution of Cognition.
Chapter 3: Cooperation as a Classic Problem in Behavioural Biology.
Chapter 4: Mate Choice and Sexual Selection.
Chapter 5: The Evolutionary Psychology of Human Beauty.
Chapter 6: Life History Theory and Human Reproductive Behaviour.
Chapter 7: Parenting and Families.
Chapter 8: Personality and Individual Differences.
Chapter 9: Social Cognition and Psychoses: The Imprinted Brain Theory.
Chapter 10: Interactions Between Cognition and Culture.
Chapter 11: The Future of Evolutionary Psychology.
- Written by key scholars in the field
- Full compliant with the BPS syllabus
- Critical evaluation of the literature from different evolutionary perspectives
Dr Bridget Waller, University of Portsmouth
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.