Biogeography: An Ecological and Evolutionary Approach, 8th Edition
May 2010, ©2010
1 A History of Biogeography.
2 Patterns of Distribution.
3 Communities and Ecosystems.
4 Patterns of Biodiversity.
5 The Engines of the Planet I: Plate Tectonics.
6 The Engines of the Planet II:Evolution, the Source of Novelty.
7 From Evolution to Patterns of Life.
8 Life,Death,and Evolution on Islands.
9 Drawing Lines in the Water.
10 Living in the Past.
11 The Geography of Life Today.
12 Ice and Change.
13 The Advent of Humanity.
14 Into the Future.
- Updated material with the latest information and explores the most current controversies
- New chapter on plate tectonics
- Many new up-to-date figures and references
· Contains a balanced treatment of continental biogeography, island biogeography and marine biogeography
· Presents students with a sound historical base
· Evaluates conflicting theories and provide a reasoned judgment as to which is preferable
· Deals in depth with continental biogeography, island biogeography and marine biogeography
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.