Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications, 5th Edition
July 2010, ©2010
1. Landscape Planning: Roots, Problems, and Content.
2. The Physiographic Framework of the United States and Canada.
3. Landscape Form and Function in Planning and Design.
4. Topography, Slopes, and Land Use Planning.
5. Assessing Soil for Land Use Planning and Waste Disposal.
6. Site, Soils, and Wastewater Disposal Systems.
7. Groundwater Systems, Land Use Planning, and Aquifer Protection.
8. Runoff and Stormwater Management in a Changing Landscape.
9. Watersheds, Drainage Nets, and Land Use Planning.
10. Streamflow, Floodplains, Flood Hazard, and Land Use Planning.
11. Water Quality and Runoff Considerations in Landscape Management.
12. Soil Erosion, Stream Sedimentation, and Landscape Management.
13. Best Management Practices, Local Watersheds, and Development Sites.
14. The Riparian Landscape: Streams, Channel Forms, and Valley Floors.
15. The Coastal Landscape: Shoreline Systems, Landforms, and Management Considerations.
16. Solar Climate near the Ground: Landscape and the Environment.
17. Microclimate, Climate Change, and the Urban Landscape.
18. Ground Frost, Permafrost, Land Use, and Environment.
19. Vegetation, Land Use, and Environmental Assessment.
20. Landscape Ecology, Land Use, and Habitat Conservation Planning.
21. Wetlands, Habitat, and Land Use Planning.
22. Framing the Land Use Plan: a Systems Approach.
• Integrates updated case studies—plus 4 new case studies—throughout the chapters.
• Includes a new chapter on System-Based Planning and places greater emphasis on systems to highlight how to create truly sustainable landscapes.
• More than 75 new photographs and pieces of line art
• Includes a new synthesising final chapter describing an approach to building framework plans for landscape design and land use
• Offers a collection of best management practices, which can be applied in the field.
• Provides comprehensive coverage of the twenty essential areas of landscape/environmental planning.
• Over 250 photos and illustrations. More than 200 of these are line graphics.
• Concisely written chapters focus on the most important aspects of each topic.
• Abundant, easy to read diagrams further communicate the message of each chapter.
• Key words in margins facilitate reference to various topics.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.