Principles of Anatomy and Physiology, 13th Edition
January 2011, ©2012
2 The Chemical Level of Organization.
3 The Cellular Level of Organization.
4 The Tissue Level of Organization.
5 The Integumentary System.
6 The Skeletal System: Bone Tissue.
7 The Skeletal System: The Axial Skeleton.
8 The Skeletal System: The Appendicular Skeleton.
10 Muscular Tissue.
11 The Muscular System.
12 Nervous Tissue.
13 The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves.
14 The Brain and Cranial Nerves.
15 The Autonomic Nervous System .
16 Sensory, Motor and Integrative Systems.
17 The Special Senses.
18 The Endocrine System.
19 The Cardiovascular System: The Blood.
20 The Cardiovascular System: The Heart.
21 The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels and Hemodynamics.
22 The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
23 The Respiratory System.
24 The Digestive System.
25 Metabolismand Nutrition.
26 The Urinary System.
27 Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Homeostasis.
28 The Reproductive Systems.
29 Development and Inheritance.
Appendix A: Measurements A-1.
Appendix B: Periodic Table B-3.
Appendix C: Normal Values for Selected Blood Tests C-4.
Appendix D: Normal Values for Selected Urine Tests D-6.
Appendix E: Answers E-8.
- WileyPLUS is an innovative, research-based online environment that integrates relevant resources, including the entire digital textbook, in an easy-to-navigate framework. WileyPLUS engages and excites students about the content and builds their confidence. Tools for promoting individual initiative, ways to increase effectiveness, and help in achieving personal goals are all linked to measurable outcomes, ensuring that students always know how their efforts are benefiting them. Tools for promoting individual initiative, ways to increase effectiveness, and help in achieving personal goals are all linked to measurable outcomes, ensuring that students always know how their efforts are benefiting them.
- Most tissue photomicrographs have been replaced with exceptionally clear photomicrographs with high magnification blowouts.
- Illustrations in every chapter have been revised and updated providing greater clarity and more saturated colors. In particular illustrations of blood vessels, bones, and muscles have been extensively revised.
- The use of the pedagogically designed Exhibits has been expanded to include the chapters on the axial and appendicular skeletons, and cranial nerves -- providing students with simplified presentation of complex content.
- Clinical Connections have been thoroughly updated throughout.
- An innovative art program of generously sized illustrations each including a key concept statement and review question -- provides a consistent learning environment enabling students to make the connection between text and visual elements.
- A concise narrative, praised by students for its straightforward and easily comprehensible writing style, emphasizes scientific content over extraneous detail.
- Exhibits specially designed self-contained lessons -- provide students with the extra help needed to learn the numerous structures that constitute certain body systems most notably skeletal muscles, articulations, blood vessels and nerves.
- The duel themes of homeostasis and disruptions to homeostasis are effectively presented through the relevant use of in-chapter Clinical Connections, end-of-chapter disorder boxes, and end-of-chapter lists of medical terminology.
- Continued coverage of scientific research and breakthroughs in understanding the human body keep the book on the cutting edge.
- Carefully integrated learning aids, such as pronunciations, word roots, summary tables, and cross-references complement the readable narrative.
- An extensive array of resources that facilitates the variety of teaching and learning styles.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.