Introductory Statistics, 7th Edition
February 2010, ©2010
Chapter 2: Organizing and Graphing.
Chapter 3: Numerical Descriptive Measures.
Chapter 4: Probability.
Chapter 5: Discrete Random Variable & Their Probability Distributions.
Chapter 6: Continuous Random Variables and the Normal Distribution.
Chapter 7: Sampling Distributions.
Chapter 8: Estimation of the Mean and Proportion.
Chapter 9: Hypothesis Tests About the Mean and Proportion.
Chapter 10: Estimation & Hypothesis Testing: Two Populations.
Chapter 11: Chi Square Tests.
Chapter 12: Analysis of Variance.
Chapter 13: Simple Linear Regression.
Chapter 14: Multiple Regression-On Website Only.
Chapter 15: Nonparametric Methods- On Website Only.
Appendix A: Sample Surveys, Sampling Techniques, and Design Experiments.
Appendix B: Explanation of Data Sets.
Appendix C: Statistical Tables.
Answers to Selected Odd-Numbered Exercises and Self-Review Tests.
Organized around the essential activities you perform in class, WileyPLUS helps you:
Prepare and Present. Create class presentations using a wealth of Wiley-provided resources, including an online version of the textbook, PowerPoint slides, animations, and more—making your preparation time more efficient. You may easily adapt, customize, and add to this content to meet the needs of your course.
- Automate the assigning and grading of homework or quizzes by using Wiley-provided question banks or by writing your own. Student results will be automatically graded and recorded in your gradebook. WileyPLUS can link homework problems to the relevant section of the online text, providing students with context-sensitive help.
- Track Student Progress. Keep track of your students’ progress via an instructor’s gradebook, which allows you to analyze individual and overall class results to determine student progress and level of understanding.
- Administer Your Course. WileyPLUS can easily be integrated with other course management systems, gradebooks, or other resources you are using in your class, providing you with the flexibility to build your course in your own way.
- 30% Exercises are new
- Increased number of conceptual exercises
- New data incorporated in exercises, Case Studies, and Appendix B
- 60% of Case Studies are new
- Enhanced support for the use of Excel in the course
- Minitab, Graphing Calculator, and Excel support updated for latest versions of these technologies
-Examples: The text contains a wealth of examples, given in a format showing a problem and its solution. They are well-sequenced and thorough, displaying all facets of concepts. A margin note appears beside each example that briefly describes what is being done in that example. Students can use these margin notes to assist them as they read through sections and to quickly locate appropriate model problems as they work through exercises.
-Solutions: A clear, concise solution follows each problem presented in an example. When the solution to an example involves many steps, it is presented in a step-by-step format. Frequently, solutions contain highlighted remarks that recall and reinforce ideas critical to the solution of the problem.
-Technology sections: found at the end of each chapter with separate subsections covering the use of Excel, MINITAB, and the TI-84 have been updated. Each section includes step-by-step keystroke instructions and appropriate screen displays. Technology assignments are also provided.
-Uses & Misues of Statistics: feature points out common statistical misconception, in the study of statistics and in its daily use.
-“Decide for Yourself": feature allows students to apply what they've learned and make decisions in real-life scenarios
-Frequent Use of Diagrams: Concepts can often be made more understandable by describing them visually, with the help of diagrams.
-Highlighting: Important definitions, formulas, and key concepts are enclosed in colored boxes so that students can easily locate them.
-Case Studies: Case studies, which appear in most chapters, provide additional illustrations of the applications of statistics in research and statistical analysis. Most of these case studies are based on articles and other data published in journals, magazines, or newspapers. All case studies are based on real data.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.