70-564: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
April 2010, ©2011
Students benefit from hands-on instruction with, and professional certification on, the Visual Studio suite of development tools, the Windows .NET Framework component, and ASP.NET technology. The 70-564 exam, is the one Professional-level exam required for the MCPD certification focused on the ASP.NET track for developing web-based applications.
The book covers:
- Designing and implementing controls
- Designing the presentation and layout of an application
- Accessing data and services
- Establishing ASP.NET solution structure
- Leveraging and extending ASP.NET architecture
- Applying security principles
This text offers the pedagogy and support provided by the MOAC Ready To Teach, Ready To Work program. MOAC .NET 70-564 provides the resources that instructors and students need to deploy an excellent Microsoft course. This .NET 70-564 textbook, complete with lab manual, also offers the developer software via the MSDN AA program. As with all MOAC titles, MOAC .NET 70-564 will contain coverage of all certification exam objectives.
Chapter 2: Designing Web Sites
Chapter 3: Creating Web Applications and Web Sites
Chapter 4: Designing State Management for Web Applications
Chapter 5: Designing Reusable Controls
Chapter 6: Leveraging Scripting with ASP.NET AJAX
Chapter 7: Troubleshooting Web Applications
Chapter 8: Accessing and Displaying Data
Chapter 9: Sourcing Data from Different Sources
Chapter 10: Enhancing Web Applications
Chapter 11: Designing Security Measures
Chapter 12: Protecting Web Applications
Chapter 13: Configuring and Deploying Web Applications
Appendix Getting Started with Visual Studio 2008
- Free MSDNAA license. Free 3 year MSDNAA subscription upon adoption of MOAC titles for new subscribers for the department available upon adoption.
- Books address student needs by emphasizing authentic workplace scenarios with an abundance of projects, exercises, cases, and assessments, covering certification exam learning objectives.
- Microsoft Updates Technology and curriculum seminars delivered through the Wiley Faculty Network
- MCTS/MCITP/MCPD mapping though the text. Microsoft certification exam objectives are introduced and summarized in each lesson, and are called out throughout the lesson.