Numerical Methods with MATLAB 2e
March 2010, ©2010
Chapter 1 Introduction.
Chapter 2 Mathematical Background.
Chapter 3 Solving Nonlinear Equations.
Chapter 4 Solving a System of Linear Equations.
Chapter 5 Curve Fitting and Interpolation.
Chapter 6 Numerical Differentiation.
Chapter 7 Numerical Integration.
Chapter 8 Ordinary Differential Equations: Initial-Value Problems.
Chapter 9 Ordinary Differential Equations: Boundary-Value Problems.
Appendix A Introductory MATLAB.
Appendix B MATLAB Programs.
Vish Subramaniam, Ph.D., is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering & Chemical Physics at The Ohio State University. Dr. Subramaniam’s main research interests are in cancer detection and imaging, plasma and laser physics and processes, particularly those that involve non-equilibirum phenomena. Dr. Subramaniam’s research is both experimental and computational, and has been supported by The Department of Defense, National Science Foundation, and numerous industries.
- MATLAB coverage in book up-to-date with latest version of software
- Includes nearly 50% new and updated examples with a focus on practical applications of Numerical Methods and examples that build on previously learned elements
- Increased number of end-of-chapter problems to approximately 40 per chapter.
- 50% of end-of-chapter problems have been revised.
- Presents core information in manageable chunks for the student without overwhelming them with detail
- Material is appropriate for 2nd and 3rd year students and professionals unfamiliar with Numerical Methods
Text includes many examples and end-of-chapter problems to help students learn numerical methods
- Three levels of homework problems address applying numerical methods techniques with traditional pencil and paper and with MATLAB see end-of-chapter problem sets
- Realistic applications from engineering and science motivate students
Flexible format addresses needs of various types of courses and students
- Beginning students develop mastery by focusing on Core Topics sections
- Supplementary Topics allow students to advance their knowledge of core material
- Instructors have the flexibility to adjust objectives to the level of their course
"Great Matlab book for integrating numerical methods into engineering curriculums."- Professor Jing Zhang, University of Alaska Fairbanks
"This text is written in a beautiful style, very concise and easily understood for a beginner s course in Numerical Methods."- Professor David Mandelbaum, DeVry University
"The authors have done a superb job by integrating Numerical methods and MATLAB programming. The explanations are crystal clear and precise." - Professor Swamy Basim, Central Connecticut State University
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.