Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer, Sixth Edition
March 2006, ©2007
- learn the meaning of the terminology and physical principles of heat transfer
- identify and describe appropriate transport phenomena for any process or system involving heat transfer
- use requisite inputs for computing heat transfer rates and/or material temperatures
- develop representative models of real processes and systems and draw conclusions concerning process/systems design or performance from the attendant analyses.
Chapter 2. Introduction to Conduction.
Chapter 3. One-Dimensional, Steady-State Conduction.
Chapter 4. Two-dimensional, Steady-State Conduction.
Chapter 5. Transient Conduction.
Chapter 6. Introduction to Convection.
Chapter 7. External Flow.
Chapter 8. Internal Flow.
Chapter 9. Free Convection.
Chapter 10. Boiling and Condensation.
Chapter 11. Heat Exchangers.
Chapter 12. Radiation: Processes and Properties.
Chapter 13. Radiation Exchange Between Surfaces.
Chapter 14. Diffusion Mass Transfer.
Appendix A: Thermophysical Properties of Matter.
Appendix B: Mathematical Relations and Functions.
Appendix C: Thermal Conditions Associated with Uniform Energy Generation in One-Dimensional, Steady-State Systems.
Appendix D: Graphical Representation of One-Dimensional, Transient Conduction in the Plane Wall, Long Cylinder, and Sphere.
Appendix E: The Convection Transfer Equations.
Appendix F: An Integral Laminar Boundary Layer Solution for Parallel Flow Over a Flat Plate.
- Adds coverage of areas of recent interest in heat transfer, including fuel cells and alternative energy devices, electronics cooling, micro-scale heat transfer, and biological as well as bioheat transfer. New homework problems are included for each area for use in homework or exams.
- Discussion of the First Law of Thermodynamics has been revised to make a closer connection to the typical undergraduate thermodynamics course.
- New material on two-phase heat transfer and enhanced internal forced convection.
- Introduction to the concepts of nano-scale transport and unified treatment of transient conduction.
- New, revised, and updated problems and examples.
- Completely updated Interactive Heat Transfer software to assist in modeling, solving, and exploring heat transfer problems.
-Modern GUI w/ better graphing tools
-Interface with Excel spreadsheet capability
- Comprehensive, authoritative, and trusted coverage of all core areas of heat transfer
- Extensive collection of realistic examples and homework problems, considered by many to be the best on the market
- Structured problem solving procedures which help students develop strategies for thinking through solutions to complex problems.
- The most extensive and complete solutions manual available