Brief Circuit Analysis
January 2003, ©2003
A concise introduction to circuit analysis designed to meet the needs of faculty who want to teach this material in a one semester course. Chapters have been carefully selected from Irwin, Basic Engineering Circuit Analysis, 7E.
1. Basic Concepts.
2. Resistive Circuits.
3. Nodal and Loop Analysis Techniques.
4. Additional Analysis Techniques.
5. Capacitance and Inductance.
6. First- and Second-Order Transient Circuits.
7. AC Steady-State Analysis.
8. Variable-Frequency Network Performance.
Appendix: A Short Mathematics Primer for Basic Circuit Analysis.
- Chapter selection covers all the necessary topics for a basic understanding of circuit analysis. Op-Amp coverage is integrated throughout when appropriate in chapters 3,4,5 and 8.
- Irwin does it better than any other text in the market! This brief text offers students the most accessible and proven presentation of any circuit analysis text available. Through real-world examples and reader friendly explanations students will be motivated to learn this topic .
- Practice makes perfect. With the inclusion of many example problems to the Applications sections throughout the text and the availability of eGrade, an on-line quizzing function students will have the opportunity to practice, practice, practice...that is until they get it right.
- Are you concerned with how well your students are grasping concepts? Special Exercises and drill problems help students assess proper problem-solving techniques needed to solve chapter problems.
- Options are always available! Irwin offers a variety of end-of-chapter problems that range from basic to advanced. Basic problems, which graduate in difficulty are further subdivided and referenced to chapter subsections while the more advanced problems require the use of multiple techniques with no assistance. Also included are problems, which students would typically find on the FE Exam.
- New! Web-based learning - Circuit Solutions is an innovative web-based learning site available in conjunction with this text. Students walk through carefully produced solutions to select end of chapter problems one step at a time. The site illustrates the necessary concepts that should be applied when solving each problem. Important theories and definitions are highlighted throughout the program, solidifying the key concepts taught in the book.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.