Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, 8th Edition
January 2011, ©2011
The Concepts of Selection and Procurement.
Technology Applications in Purchasing.
Forces Affecting the Distribution System.
An Overview of the Purchasing Function.
The Organization and Administration of Purchasing.
The Buyer’s Relations with Other Company Personnel.
The Purchase Specification: An Overall View.
The Optimal Amount.
The Optimal Price.
The Optimal Payment Policy.
The Optimal Supplier.
Typical Ordering Procedures.
Typical Receiving Procedures.
Typical Storage Management Procedures.
Security in the Purchasing Function.
Processed Produce and Other Grocery Items.
Nonfood Expense Items.
Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment.
- The text dimensions have been expanded to allow for additional photos, drawings, and tables to more effectively convey purchasing concepts and applications.
- The expanded glossary contains hundreds of purchasing specific terms and detailed definitions. This glossary is a vital reference for students and those already working in the purchasing function.
- Concepts surrounding technology and “green” practices in the hospitality purchasing field have been expanded and updated. Industry Insights have been updated to cover the most current trends related to purchasing. More than 20 discussions and interviews with industry executives are interwoven throughout the text. These stories include insights that provide insider information on current and future trends related to purchasing. Some are written by experts in the purchasing field, providing perspectives on the future of purchasing, novel approaches to procurement, and new techniques for calculating the amount of products to purchase.
- The detailed references at the end of each chapter have been increased and updated to provide students with current materials to supplement their readings.
- Updated links to key Websites provide students with access to current information.
- New, revised, and updated illustrations and photographs of concepts, companies, and products relating to the purchasing function have been included.
- Includes discussion of the purchasing activity and product information from a management perspective
- Product chapters contain updated information on the latest trends
- New information regarding technology and “green” practices in the industry
- More than 20 interviews with industry executives about the importance of specific purchasing aspects are included
- Pedagogical features in each chapter, such as Key Words and Concepts, References, Questions and Problems, as well as Experiential Exercises
- Enhanced and expanded glossary of key purchasing terms
- In-depth attention to ordering procedures, distribution systems, supplier channels, price and payment, storage and security, and specification for food, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.