RealTime Physics Active Learning Laboratories Module 4 Light & Optics
January 2012, ©2012
Lab 2: Reflection and Refraction of Light /17
Lab 3: Geometrical Optics—Lenses /33
Lab 4: Geometrical Optics—Mirrors /53
Lab 5: Polarized Light /75
Lab 6: Waves of Light /91
Appendix A: RealTime Physics Light and Optics Experiment Configuration Files /107
• New labs: 1 replacement lab in Module 1; 50% new labs in Module 3
• All of these labs are available for customization via Wiley Custom Select. For more information on how you can tailor these experiments to fit your lab, visit http://www.wiley.com//college/sc/wcssciencelabs/
• Each module contains weekly laboratory sessions that are sequenced to provide students with a coherent observational basis for understanding a single topic area in one semester or quarter of laboratory sessions.
• Each lab (approx. 2 hours each) encourages students to construct their own models of physical phenomena based on observations and experiments. Extensions have been developed to provide more in-depth coverage when longer lab periods are available.
• Each set of related activities employs a consistent learning cycle: prediction, observation, comparison, analysis, and quantitative experimentation.
• Each lab includes a pre-lab warm-up assignment, and a post-lab homework assignment that reinforces critical physics concepts and investigative skills.
• Lab activities and homework assignments are integrated so that they depend on learning that has occurred during the previous lab session and also prepare students for activities in the next session.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.