Workshop Physics Activity Guide, Heat Temperature and Nuclear Radiation: Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Heat Engines, Nuclear Decay, and Random Monitoring (Units 16 - 18 and 28), Module 3: 2nd Editio
May 2004, ©2004
Unit 1. Introduction and Computing.
Unit 2. Measurement and Uncertainty.
Unit 3. One-Dimensional Motion I-A Graphical Description.
Unit 4. One-Dimensional Motion II-A Mathematical Description of Constant Acceleration.
Unit 5. One-Dimensional Forces, Mass, and Motion.
Unit 6. Gravity and Projectile Motion.
Unit 7. Applications of Newton's Laws.
Unit 8. One-Dimensional Collisions.
Unit 9. Two-Dimensional Collisions.
Unit 10. Work and Energy.
Unit 11. Energy Conservation.
Unit 12. Rotational Motion.
Unit 13. Rotational Momentum and Torque as Vectors.
Unit 14. Harmonic Motion.
Unit 15. Oscillations, Determinism, and Chaos.
Unit 16. Temperature and Heat Transfer.
Unit 17. The First Law of Thermodynamics.
Unit 18. Heat Engines.
Unit 19. Electric Fields.
Unit 20. Electric Flux and Gauss' Law.
Unit 21. Electrical and Gravitational Potential.
Unit 22. Batteries, Bulbs, and Current Flow.
Unit 23. Direct Current Circuits.
Unit 24. Capacitors and RC Circuits.
Unit 25. Electronics.
Unit 26. Magnetic Fields.
Unit 27. Electricity and Magnetism.
Unit 28. Radioactivity and Radon.
Appendix A- Computer Spreadsheets and Graphs.
Appendix B - Computer Data Acquisition Software and Hardware.
Appendix C- Statistical Measures of Uncertainty.
Appendix D- Graphing Data with Uncertainties-Error Bar and Eyeballs.
Appendix E- Mathematical Modeling to Fit Data.
Appendix F- Uncertainty Propagation-Uncertainties After Calculations.
Appendix G- The Method of Least Squares Analysis.
Appendix H- The VideoPoint Software.
Appendix I- Introduction to Mathematica® and Maple®.
Appendix J- Notation and Constants.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.