C++ For Everyone, 2nd Edition
December 2010, ©2011
Chapter 2 Fundamental Data Types.
Chapter 3 Decisions.
Chapter 4 Loops.
Chapter 5 Functions.
Chapter 6 Arrays and Vectors.
Chapter 7 Pointers.
Chapter 8 Streams.
Chapter 9 Classes
Chapter 10 Inheritance.
The Following Chapters are Available Online Only.
Chapter 11 Recursion.
Chapter 12 Sorting and Searching.
Chapter 13 Lists, Stacks, and Queues.
Chapter 14 Sets, Maps, and Priority Queues.
- New sections on problem solving strategies provide techniques for planning and evaluating solutions—before starting to code. These include the use of pseudocode for algorithm design and pseudocode, hand-tracing code segments, using storyboards, and more.
- Optional engineering problem sets engage students with problems from engineering-related domains.
- More opportunities for students to practice what they have learned.
- A visual approach motivates the reader and eases navigation. Abundant illustrations and photographs make concepts memorable. Syntax boxes annotate code examples to present a visual summary of key points.
- Guidance and worked examples help students succeed. Step-by-step "how-to" boxes guide students through the implementation of core concepts. Worked examples on the web apply these steps to new problems. Tips and Common Errors Guide students to good practice.
- Practice makes perfect. Abundant practice tools build student confidence and skills. Self checks in each section test understanding and point students to exercises they can do to practice what they've learned.
- Teaches computer science principles, not just C++ or object-orientation. The core of the book builds students' skills in control flow, loops, functions, arrays, pointers and streams before addressing classes and inheritance.
- Focuses on the essentials while being technically accurate. The essentials are presented in digestible chunks, with separate notes that go deeper into good practices or language features.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.