Teacher Supervision and Evaluation, 3rd Edition
September 2010, ©2011
Part I Foundations.
Chapter 1 Understanding The Components Of A Comprehensive Teacher Supervision And Evaluation System.
Part II The Basic Elements Of Teacher Supervision And Evaluation.
Chapter 2 Key Concepts And Skills In Classroom Supervision.
Chapter 3 Standards For Effective Teaching And Teacher Evaluation.
Chapter 4 Procedures For Evidence-Based Teacher Evaluation.
Chapter 5 Supervision And Evaluation Of The Novice Teacher.
Chapter 6 Supervision And Evaluation Of The Marginal Teacher.
Part III Embedded Professional Development Strategies For Differentiated Supervision.
Chapter 7 Peer Coaching.
Chapter 8 Self-Directed Teacher Growth.
Chapter 9 Action Research.
Chapter 10 Collegial Development Groups.
Part IV The Special Cases Of Preservice Teachers.
Chapter 11 Supervision And Evaluation Of The Preservice Teacher.
Part V Supervision And Evaluation: Transforming The System.
Chapter 12 Developing Your Own System Of Teacher Supervision And Evaluation.
Appendix A: A Word On Classroom Walkthroughs.
Appendix B: Educational Leadership Constituent Council Standards.
- Offers new skill and concept development exercises, discussion questions, and theory-into-practice applications.
- Presents new case studies, examples, and vignettes while integrating new and reconceptualised content throughout the pages.
- Provides opportunity for teacher growth through supervision and also for evidence-based teacher evaluation.
- Includes theoretical knowledge and detailed practical strategies for differentiated teacher growth to meet the needs of all teachers.
- Incorporates throughout the text, re-reading questions, concept development exercises, case studies, vignettes, discussion questions, and theory into practice exercises.
- Embeds key literature on adult development, school climate and culture, and teacher motivation directly into chapters focused on supervisory and evaluative processes.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.