Management Mistakes and Successes, 10th Edition
September 2010, ©2011
About the Author.
Chapter 1 Introduction.
PART I PLAYERS IN A TIME OF ECONOMIC CRISIS.
Chapter 2 Walmart—A Winner.
Chapter 3 Procter & Gamble: An Old Strategy Is Found Wanting.
PART II GREAT COMEBACKS.
Chapter 4 Continental Airlines: Salvaging from the Ashes.
Chapter 5 Harley-Davidson: A Long-Overdue Revival.
Chapter 6 IBM: A Fading Giant Rejuvenates.
PART III ENTREPRENURIAL ADVENTURES.
Chapter 7 Google—An Entrepreneurial Juggernaut.
Chapter 8 Starbucks—A Paragon of Growth and Employee Benefits Faces Storm Clouds.
PART IV PLANNING.
Chapter 9 Euro Disney: Bungling a Successful Format.
Chapter 10 Boeing: Miscalculations on a Worldwide Scale.
Chapter 11 Vanguard: Success in Taking the Road Less Traveled.
PART V LEADERSHIP AND EXECUTION.
Chapter 12 Hewlett-Packard Under Carly Fiorina, and After Her.
Chapter 13 Southwest Airlines: “Try to Match Our Prices.”
Chapter 14 Herman Miller: A Role-Model in Leadership.
Chapter 15 Boston Beer—Can I Compete with the Big Boys?
PART VI CONTROLLING.
Chapter 16 United Way: A Not-for-Profit Organization Also Needs Controls and Oversight.
Chapter 17 Maytag: Incredibly Loose Supervision of a Foreign Subsidiary, Also, the Allure of Outsourcing.
Chapter 18 MetLife: Poorly Controlled Sales Practices.
PART VII ETHICAL MISTAKES.
Chapter 19 DaimlerChrysler: Blatant Misrepresentation.
Chapter 20 Merck's Vioxx: A Catastrophe and Other Problems.
Chapter 21 Ford Explorers with Firestone Tires: Ill Handling a Killer Scenario.
Chapter 22 Conclusions: What Can Be Learned?
- New Part: Players in a Time of Economic Crisis.
- Numerous New Cases added:
- Chapter 3 -- Procter & Gamble, An Old Strategy Disappoints
- Chapter 7 -- Google: An Entrepreneurial Juggernaut
- Chapter 8 -- Starbucks: A Paragon of Growth and Employee Benefits Faces Storm Clouds
- Chapter 20 -- Merck's Vioxx: A Catastrophe and Other Problems.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.