Introduction to Finance: Markets, Investments, and Financial Management, 14th Edition
January 2011, ©2011
PART 1: INSTITUTIONS AND MARKETS 2
Chapter 1: The Financial Environment 4
Chapter 2: Money and the Monetary System 25
Chapter 3: Banks and Other Financial Institutions 49
Chapter 4: Federal Reserve System 79
Chapter 5: Policy Makers and the Money Supply 103
Chapter 6: International Finance and Trade 129
PART 2: INVESTMENTS 156
Chapter 7: Savings and Investment Process 158
Chapter 8: Interest Rates 179
Chapter 9: Time Value of Money 205
Chapter 10: Bonds and Stocks: Characteristics and Valuations 237
Chapter 11: Securities Markets 281
Chapter 12: Financial Return and Risk Concepts 317
PART 3: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT 350
Chapter 13: Business Organization and Financial Data 352
Chapter 14: Financial Analysis and Long-Term Financial Planning 387
Chapter 15: Managing Working Capital 417
Chapter 16: Short-Term Business Financing 451
Chapter 17: Capital Budgeting Analysis 479
Chapter 18: Capital Structure and the Cost of Capital 521
- New extensive coverage of the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis.
- New discussion on Money Market Securities.
- Reorganised Federal Reserve System coverage now included roles of past and current chairs of the Federal Board of Governors.
- Time Value of Money. Enhanced coverage includes numerous examples showing how to perform calculations with formulas, interest factor tables, Excel spreadsheets, and step-by-step financial calculator keystrokes.
- Revised End-of-Chapter problems and illustrations, at least 5 new problems per chapter.
- Continued business ethics coverage. Covers a wide range of situations from clearly illegal unethical behavior (insider trading) to less clear situations.
- Global Focus. Covers how monetary systems differ worldwide, how foreign exchange rates work, and what causes them to change.
- Spreadsheet Illustrations show how to set up spreadsheets to perform basic financial analysis and explains how to use various Excel functions.
- Career Profile features add a personal, real-world relevance to the material, especially for students considering a finance career.
- Boxed features. Includes Small Business Practice, Personal Financial Planning, and Career Opportunities in Finance to illustrate practices in finance.
- End-of-chapter questions and Concept Checks to quiz students on content.
- Continuing case study. Walgreens and the retail drug store industry are used in the Investments and Financial Management chapters as a means of presenting and analysing data.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.