Economics of Farm Management in a Global Setting
November 2010, ©2011
Chapter 1 Managing the Farm in an Integrated World Economy.
Chapter 2 Management.
Chapter 3 Business Plans.
Chapter 4 Lessons from Microeconomics.
Chapter 5 Lessons from Macroeconomics.
Chapter 6 Government Policies Affecting Farming around the World.
Chapter 7 Strategic Management: Planning.
Chapter 8 Strategic Management: External and Internal Analysis.
Chapter 9 Crafting Strategy.
Chapter 10 Strategy Execution and Control.
Chapter 11 Marketing Basics.
Chapter 12 Financial Statements.
Chapter 13 Financial Analysis.
Chapter 14 Financial Management.
Chapter 15 Enterprise Budgets: Uses and Development.
Chapter 16 Partial Budgets.
Chapter 17 Whole-Farm Planning.
Chapter 18 Operations Management for the Farm.
Chapter 19 Quality Management and Control.
Chapter 20 Investment Analysis.
Chapter 21 Land Ownership and Use.
Chapter 22 Risk Management.
Chapter 23 Production Contract Evaluation.
Chapter 24 Human Resource Management.
Chapter 25 Business Organization.
Chapter 26 Farm Transfer and Succession Planning.
Chapter 27 Farming in the Future.
- Presents the unique perspective of running a farm as a business.
- Strategic business planning framework: accounting, finance, and marketing issues are all well addressed.
- Broad range of essential topics from long-term financing, crop management, and modern and international farming issues.
- Thorough coverage of modern farming issues with regard to organic crops, farmer’s markets, biofuels, and labor and immigration issues.
- International examples from Europe, Brazil, Australia, and Asia.
- Significant coverage of core microeconomic and macroeconomic issues and trends.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.