Management Science: The Art of Modeling with Spreadsheets, 3rd Edition
October 2010, ©2011
Chapter 2: Modeling in a Problem-Solving Framework
Chapter 3: Basic Excel Skills
Chapter 4: Advanced Excel Skills
Chapter 5: Spreadsheet Engineering
Chapter 6: Analysis using Spreadsheets
Chapter 7: Data Analysis for Modeling
Chapter 8: Regression Analysis
Chapter 9: Short-term Forecasting
Chapter 10: Nonlinear Optimization
Chapter 11: Linear Optimization
Chapter 12: Optimization of Network Models
Chapter 13: Integer Optimization
Chapter 14: Optimization of Non-smooth Models
Chapter 15: Decision Analysis
Chapter 16: Monte Carlo Simulation
Chapter 17: Optimization in Simulation
Appendix: Basic Probability Concepts
- Risk Solver Platform used instead of Crystal Ball, Premium Solver, Sensitivity Toolkit, and Treeplan.
- Use of Excel 2010 to show examples of spreadsheet modeling.
- New Chapter 14 on Evolutionary Solver.
- Revised Chapter 17 on Simulation Optimization.
- Designed to improve modeling efficiency and modeling effectiveness by focusing on the most important tasks and tools.
Craft skills of modeling are covered in Chapter 2.
Spreadsheet engineering and spreadsheet analysis are covered in Chapters 5 and 6.
Risk Solver Platform for Education is used for optimization (in Chapters 10-14), decision trees (Chapter 15), Monte Carlo simulation (Chapter 16) and the integration of optimization and simulation (Chapter 17).
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.