Management Science: The Art of Modeling with Spreadsheets, 3rd Edition
October 2010, ©2011
Chapter 2: Modeling in a Problem-Solving Framework
Chapter 3: Basic Excel Skills
Chapter 4: Advanced Excel Skills
Chapter 5: Spreadsheet Engineering
Chapter 6: Analysis using Spreadsheets
Chapter 7: Data Analysis for Modeling
Chapter 8: Regression Analysis
Chapter 9: Short-term Forecasting
Chapter 10: Nonlinear Optimization
Chapter 11: Linear Optimization
Chapter 12: Optimization of Network Models
Chapter 13: Integer Optimization
Chapter 14: Optimization of Non-smooth Models
Chapter 15: Decision Analysis
Chapter 16: Monte Carlo Simulation
Chapter 17: Optimization in Simulation
Appendix: Basic Probability Concepts
- Risk Solver Platform used instead of Crystal Ball, Premium Solver, Sensitivity Toolkit, and Treeplan.
- Use of Excel 2010 to show examples of spreadsheet modeling.
- New Chapter 14 on Evolutionary Solver.
- Revised Chapter 17 on Simulation Optimization.
- Designed to improve modeling efficiency and modeling effectiveness by focusing on the most important tasks and tools.
Craft skills of modeling are covered in Chapter 2.
Spreadsheet engineering and spreadsheet analysis are covered in Chapters 5 and 6.
Risk Solver Platform for Education is used for optimization (in Chapters 10-14), decision trees (Chapter 15), Monte Carlo simulation (Chapter 16) and the integration of optimization and simulation (Chapter 17).