Visualizing Anatomy and Physiology
February 2011, ©2011
2 Introductory Chemistry.
3 Cells and Tissues.
4 The Integumentary System.
5 The Skeletal System.
6 The Muscular System.
7 The Nervous System.
8 Somatic Senses and Special Senses.
9 The Endocrine System.
10 The Cardiovascular System: Blood.
11 The Cardiovascular System: Heart, Blood Vessels, and Circulation.
12 The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
13 The Respiratory System.
14 The Digestive System, Nutrition, and Metabolism.
15 The Urinary System, Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
16 The Reproductive Systems.
Appendix A Periodic Table.
Appendix B Measurements.
Appendix C Answers to Self-Tests.
Line Art Credits.
- Impressive and accessible Visuals
- Chapter Planner
- Process Diagrams
- Visualizing Pedagogical System including: Learning Objectives
- Concept Che
- New Term Boxes
- Insight Boxes
- What a Healthcare Provider See s
- End of Chapter Pedagogy: Chapter Review
- Key Terms
- Critical Thinking Questions
- Self Quiz
- Tested and proven visuals and pedagogy that help students learn more effectively are used to teach and explain, not just illustrate. These include A & P InSight figures, Process Diagrams, and images from trusted sources such as the National Geographic Society.
Organized into 16 chapters, the material is designed to fit more easily into the shorter one-semester course.
- What a Health Provider Sees present clinical examples and situations from the perspective of people in the health and medical fields. Each one is accompanied by “Think Critically” questions that ask students to apply what they’ve learned.
- Numerous assessment opportunities are provided in the form of quizzes, assignments, and a complete testbank. The variety of questions link to the narrative, illustrations, and animations and can be automatically graded, saving professors’ valuable time and effort.
- The affordable paperback format in manageable size is also available in other print or electronic formats, providing even greater savings to students wanting the best possible price for required materials.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.