Visualizing Anatomy and Physiology
February 2011, ©2011
Visualizing Anatomy and Physiology is a visually powerful textbook, illustrated for maximum pedagogical effect, up-to-the-minute in all aspects of anatomical science and physiology. Organized into 16 chapters, the material is designed to fit more easily into the shorter one-semester course. Chapters 1-16 provide motivating and engaging content as well as clinical and everyday relevance of the science of the discipline. This edition includes numerous assessment opportunities and tested visuals that are used to teach and explain, not just illustrate.
2 Introductory Chemistry.
3 Cells and Tissues.
4 The Integumentary System.
5 The Skeletal System.
6 The Muscular System.
7 The Nervous System.
8 Somatic Senses and Special Senses.
9 The Endocrine System.
10 The Cardiovascular System: Blood.
11 The Cardiovascular System: Heart, Blood Vessels, and Circulation.
12 The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
13 The Respiratory System.
14 The Digestive System, Nutrition, and Metabolism.
15 The Urinary System, Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
16 The Reproductive Systems.
Appendix A Periodic Table.
Appendix B Measurements.
Appendix C Answers to Self-Tests.
Line Art Credits.
- Impressive and accessible Visuals
- Chapter Planner
- Process Diagrams
- Visualizing Pedagogical System including: Learning Objectives
- Concept Che
- New Term Boxes
- Insight Boxes
- What a Healthcare Provider See s
- End of Chapter Pedagogy: Chapter Review
- Key Terms
- Critical Thinking Questions
- Self Quiz
- Tested and proven visuals and pedagogy that help students learn
more effectively are used to teach and explain, not just
illustrate. These include A & P InSight figures, Process
Diagrams, and images from trusted sources such as the National
Organized into 16 chapters, the material is designed to fit more easily into the shorter one-semester course.
- What a Health Provider Sees present clinical examples and situations from the perspective of people in the health and medical fields. Each one is accompanied by “Think Critically” questions that ask students to apply what they’ve learned.
- Numerous assessment opportunities are provided in the form of quizzes, assignments, and a complete testbank. The variety of questions link to the narrative, illustrations, and animations and can be automatically graded, saving professors’ valuable time and effort.
- The affordable paperback format in manageable size is also
available in other print or electronic formats, providing even
greater savings to students wanting the best possible price for
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.