Chemistry: Structure and Dynamics, 5th Edition
December 2010, ©2011
Chapter 2. The Mole: The Link between the Macroscopic and the Atomic World of Chemistry.
Chapter 3. The Structure of the Atom.
Chapter 4. The Covalent Bond.
Chapter 5. Ionic and Metallic Bonds.
Chapter 6. Gases.
Chapter 7. Making and Breaking of Bonds.
Chapter 8. Liquids and Solutions.
Chapter 9. Solids.
Chapter 10. The Connection Between Kinetics and Equilibrium.
Chapter 11. Acids and Bases.
Chapter 12. Oxidation–Reduction Reactions.
Chapter 13. Chemical Thermodynamics.
Chapter 14. Kinetics.
Chapter 15. Nuclear Chemistry.
Chapter 16. Chemical Analysis.
- Developed in conjunction with the ACS Task Force on the General Chemistry Curriculum.
- The text contains 16 core chapters followed by optional modules that the instructor may cover at his or her discretion. Thus considerable flexibility is provided in structuring the course.
- Core themes emphasis — process of science, relationship between molecular structure and physical/chemical properties, & relationship between micro and macro levels.
- The text and related materials are based on a hands-on approach to learning chemistry. Students are given models or data where possible and are guided by leading questions to develop the concepts by themselves.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.