Principles of Human Anatomy, 12th Edition
December 2010, ©2011
5 The Integumentary System.
6 Bone Tissue.
7 The Skeletal System: The Axial Skeleton.
8 The Skeletal System: The Appendicular Skeleton.
10 Muscle Tissue.
11 The Muscular System.
12 The Cardiovascular System: Blood.
13 The Cardiovascular System: The Heart.
14 The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels.
15 The Lymphatic and Immune System.
16 Nervous Tissue.
17 The Spinal Cord and the Spinal Nerves.
18 The Brain and the Cranial Nerves.
19 The Autonomic Nervous System.
20 Somatic Senses and Motor Control..
21 Special Senses.
22 The Endocrine System.
23 The Respiratory System.
24 The Digestive System.
25 The Urinary System.
26 The Reproductive Systems.
27 Surface Anatomy.
Appendix A: Measurements.
Appendix B: Answers.
- WileyPLUS is an innovative, research-based online environment that integrates relevant resources, including the entire digital textbook, in an easy-to-navigate framework. WileyPLUS engages and excites students about the content and builds their confidence. Tools for promoting individual initiative, ways to increase effectiveness, and help in achieving personal goals are all linked to measurable outcomes, ensuring that students always know how their efforts are benefiting them.
- Real Anatomy, the highly acclaimed dissection software from Mark Nielsen and Shawn Miller, is included and fully integrated with WileyPLUS
- Chapter Introductions have all been newly designed and written with stunning new imagery, engaging text, and new “I wonder” questions, all setting the stage for student understanding of the relevance of the chapter content to come.
- Extensive revisions to the illustrations program include new skeletal art, muscle art, blood vessel art, and numerous other figures in every chapter of the text.
- Most tissue photomicrographs have been replaced with exceptionally clear photomicrographs with high magnification blowouts.
- The use of cadaver photographs integrated with line drawings is increased with specifically dissected images created by co-author Mark Nielsen.
- Clinical Connections have been greatly expanded in every chapter to provide students with the most relevant applications of the content that they are studying.
- An innovative art program of generously sized illustrations – each including a key concept statement and review question – provides a consistent learning environment enabling students to make the connection between text and visual elements.
- A concise narrative, praised by students for its straightforward and easily comprehensible writing style, emphasizes scientific content over extraneous detail.
- Exhibits – specially designed self-contained lessons – provide students with the extra help needed to learn the numerous structures that constitute certain body systems – most notably the skeleton and joints, skeletal muscles, articulations, blood vessels and nerves.
- Continued coverage of scientific research and breakthroughs in understanding the human body maintains the text’s reputation for being on the cutting edge.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.