Discovering Physical Geography, 2nd Edition
January 2011, ©2011
Chapter 2: The Geographers' Tools.
Chapter 3: Earth-Sun Geometry and the Seasons.
Chapter 4: The Global Energy System.
Chapter 5: Global Temperature Patterns.
Chapter 6: Atmospheric Pressure, Wind, and Global Circulation.
Chapter 7: Atmospheric Moisture and Precipitation.
Chapter 8: Air Masses and Cyclonic Weather Systems.
Chapter 9: Global Climates and Global Climate Change.
Chapter 10: Plant Geography.
Chapter 11: The Global Distribution and Character of Soils.
Chapter 12: Earth’s Internal Structure, Rock Cycle, and Geologic Time.
Chapter 13: Tectonic Processes and Landforms.
Chapter 14: Weathering and Mass Movements.
Chapter 15: Groundwater and Karst Landscapes.
Chapter 16: Fluvial Systems and Landforms.
Chapter 17: Glacial Geomorphology: Processes and Landforms.
Chapter 18: Arid Landscapes and Eolian Processes.
Chapter 19: Coastal Processes and Landforms.
Chapter 20: Population Growth and Environmental Impacts.
New chapter on population growth
New chapter on relevance of physical geography to environmental issues
Extensive coverage of Global Climate Change
New sections dealing with human interactions with solar energy, wind power, soils, and petroleum
Every chapter is now organized around Learning Objectives
"What the Geographer Sees" shows students how geographers interpret landscapes through "more than meets the eye" photos.
"Key Concepts to Remember" This is an interim summary feature that appears after specific sections of the chapter are covered.
"Visual Concept Check" offers a scenario with questions and illustrations to test students understanding as they proceed through the chapter.
"Locator maps with photographs" are critical photographs are accompanied by a small map indicating the location of the site shown.
"Marginal glossary" contains key terms are set in boldface type in the text and defined in the margin for easy recognition and reference.
"Check Your Understanding" Self-assessment questions, with illustrations to aid recall.
Visual preview of the next chapter.
Interactive multimedia sections within the chapter.
Visual summaries of important Chapter concepts.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.