Hotel Front Office Management 5th Edition
November 2010, ©2011
The Fifth Edition of Hotel Front Office Management is one of the leading texts in addressing the demands for instructing future leaders of the hotel industry. Educators who are preparing professionals for roles as front office managers and general managers in hotels are required to meet the challenges of operations, technology, training, empowerment, and international applications. This latest edition of Hotel Front Office Management continues to encourage students to take an active role in applying these concepts to the exciting world of hotel operations. The emphasis on management continues to play a central role in Hotel Front Office Management, Fifth Edition. The text’s structure will assist students as they prepare for positions as entry-level managers. The logical presentation of chapters in order of operations - overview of Lodging Hospitality; tour of the Front Office, review of the Guest Cycle, and analysis of Guest Services - allows students to gain insight into a front office manager's role in the hotel.
Chapter 2 Hotel organization and the front office manager 37
Chapter 3 Effective interdepartmental communications 73
Chapter 4 Property management systems 95
Chapter 5 Systemwide reservations 129
Chapter 6 Revenue management 165
Chapter 7 Guest registration 184
Chapter 8 Managing the financials 222
Chapter 9 Guest checkout 237
Chapter 10 Preparation and review of the night audit 261
Chapter 11 Managing hospitality 308
Chapter 12 Training for hospitality 336
Chapter 13 Promoting in-house sales 362
Chapter 14 Security 381
Chapter 15 Executive housekeeping 411
- "Select Service” lodging terminology to reflect the change for former limited service lodging is introduced to reflect current changes.
- Technological advances including social media, guestroom technology, IT infrastructure, surviving a tough economy with help from technology, and demystifying Web 2.0 are now included in the technological list of advances of lodging industry.
- The section on Brands has been updated to include two research studies and names of current lodging properties.
- Hotel Organisation and the Front Office Manager includes an update for the components of the organisation charts of the large, full service hotel, a medium size lodging property, and a select service lodging property.
- Emphasis on the use of social media in the Hospitality industry
- Revenue Management includes a new, vibrant Hospitality Profile of a revenue manager.
- Within Preparation and Review of the Night Audit, the end-of -chapter questions were revised to include occupancy percentage, average daily rate, RevPAR, and yield computation.
- New Section to address the role of the chief engineer responsibilities: Role of chief engineer in a lodging property, Managing maintenance inter-departmental communications, energy management, and the greening of the lodging Industry.
- Covers the management and operation of the front office of a hotel or lodging facility using a human resources approach
- Includes commentaries from hotel front office managers, general managers, and other department managers
- Contains case studies, industry profiles, and international articles that accentuate the international work force and international career opportunities
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.