The Complete Guide to Careers in Special Events
October 2010, ©2011
Chapter 2: So Many Opportunities in the Special Events Industry.
Chapter 3: What's So Special About the Special Events Industry?
Chapter 4: Learning: In School and/or On the Job.
Chapter 5: Skills That Make You Marketable.
Chapter 6: Target Companies: Where to Find Opportunities.
Chapter 7: Creating a Résumé and Writing the Cover Letter.
Chapter 8: Effective Interviewing.
Chapter 9: The Follow-Up.
Chapter 10: Learning from the Best.
Chapter 11: Life-Long Learning.
- Author's vast industry experience brings real-world examples and tips to job search and interview preparation
- Presented in a story-like format to grab student's attention, with straight talk about the do's and don'ts in the process
- Covers a wide range of careers in the events industry to help students decide which they are most interested in and special training requirements
- Approaches the job search and interview preparation as its own "special event"--outlining the steps in the process to gain the appropriate experience, create your own "special events career brand," plan, and execute a successful search
- Creating your own "career brand"
- Developing your "tool kit:" cover letters, resume, etc.
- Job search tips, interview techniques and tips, through to "closing the deal"
- Career development and networking
- Helpful appendixes include sample resumes and cover letters, tips for dressing for success, interview questions, networking tips, and more!