Physical Geology: The Science of Earth
November 2010, ©2011
Chapter 2 SOLAR SYSTEM.
Chapter 3 PLATE TECTONICS.
Chapter 4 MINERALS.
Chapter 5 IGNEOUS ROCK.
Chapter 6 VOLCANOES.
Chapter 7 WEATHERING.
Chapter 8 SEDIMENTARY ROCK.
Chapter 9 METAMORPHIC ROCK.
Chapter 10 GEOLOGIC RESOURCES.
Chapter 11 MOUNTAIN BUILDING.
Chapter 12 EARTHQUAKES.
Chapter 13 GEOLOGIC TIME.
Chapter 14 EARTH’S HISTORY.
Chapter 15 THE GEOLOGY OF THE UNITED STATES.
Chapter 16 GLOBAL WARMING.
Chapter 17 GLACIERS AND PALEOCLIMATOLOGY.
Chapter 18 MASS WASTING.
Chapter 19 SURFACE WATER.
Chapter 20 GROUNDWATER.
Chapter 21 DESERTS AND WIND.
Chapter 22 COASTAL GEOLOGY.
Chapter 23 MARINE GEOLOGY.
- For ease of reading, we offer text in two page segments. Students find the book approachable, succinct, and extremely well organized.
- Woven into each page are critical thinking exercises (similar to lab exercises) linked to illustrations and photos. These can all be graded automatically on-line.
- We discuss relevant and provocative global issues such as peak oil, global warming, drought and water stress, population growth, natural hazards, environmental management, and others.
- Provides classroom problems to supplement lecture.
- Emphasizing the basic principles of geology, this text is easy to adopt into an existing syllabus. For example, plate tectonics is introduced early, and the entire text teaches to tectonics as a unifying theory of geology.
- The writing is clear and jargon free. Reviewers emphasized, “These chapters are especially easy to read!”
- Every page has several pieces of accurate, detailed, beautiful illustrations and photos.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.