Visualizing Human Geography: At Home in a Diverse World
November 2010, ©2011
2. Globalization and Cultural Geography.
3. Population and Migration.
4. Geographies of Language.
5. Geographies of Religion.
6. Geographies of Identity: Race, Ethnicity, Sexuality, and Gender.
7. Political Geography.
8. Urban Geographies.
9. Geographies of Development.
10. Changing Geographies of Industry and Services.
11. Agricultural Geographies.
12. Environmental Challenges.
Appendix A: Understanding Map Projections.
Appendix B: Answers to Self-Tests.
- Links the narrative and concepts to visual elements
- Highlights the relevance of concepts through practical examples
- Integrates maps throughout to help reveal patterns or trends
- Emphasizes divergent views and critical thinking
- Reinforces concepts through photographs and other visuals