Visualizing Human Geography: At Home in a Diverse World
November 2010, ©2011
The narrative and concepts are tightly linked to visual elements, including practical examples that highlight the relevance of the concepts. Maps are integrated throughout to help reveal patterns or trends. Divergent views and critical thinking are emphasized. Photographs and other visuals are also included to reinforce the concepts.
1 What is Human Geography 2
2 Globalization and Cultural Geography 34
3 Population and Migration 64
4 Geographies of Language 96
5 Geographies of Religion 128
6 Geographies of Identity: Race, Ethnicity, Sexuality, and Gender 160
7 Political Geographies 192
8 Urban Geographies 228
9 Geographies of Development 260
10 Changing Geographies of Industry and Services 294
11 Agricultural Geographies 324
12 Environmental Challenges 354
Appendix A: Understanding Map Projections 387
Appendix B: Answers to Self-Tests 393
- Links the narrative and concepts to visual elements
- Highlights the relevance of concepts through practical examples
- Integrates maps throughout to help reveal patterns or trends
- Emphasizes divergent views and critical thinking
- Reinforces concepts through photographs and other visuals
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.